Sunday, November 24, 2013

Serendipity


          

       Hi guys! Let me start by telling you that in no way was this blogpost planned. It was completely in-the-moment bundled up with unexpected meetings with friends and the occasional SLR camera. And doing what any other camera whore would do, I posed (erm, tried to pose) like it was my last day on earth. In other words, I decided that this was one photo op not to be missed. And yes, this means that this post is more than just an outfit post, think of it more of like a collaboration post :D


               Basically, this whole thing started off with me getting a haircut. (Although not entirely evident, I assure you that I did in fact get my hair cut, uhm, trimmed #longhairdontcaremofos) I went alone because everyone else was watching Catching Fire (which I saw the night before and oh yeah it wasgood and EXACTLY like the book) or busy was something and I getty pre-tty annoyed with my demonic split ends, so I was like "Oh, eff it". The whole experience at the salon was really awkward and eerily quiet, like everyone else at the salon was having a bad day. 



                 Anyway, after I got my hair trimmed, (I promise, I did), I suddenly got the irrevocable craving for something called Love Potion No. 9, aka, Liquid Oreos, aka milk tea from Bon Appetea. And ultimately, I found myself encapsulated in it's Post - it clad walls, sipping on oreos. (As depicted in the picture above) 



Oh and I also ran into MJ Lacuesta who accompanied my lonely ass for a fair margin of the afternoon :D Thanks girl :)


               And theeen, I kinda sorta ran into them :D



 And being the vain people that we are, uhm, this happened....




   

And this....








No Other Woman in 3,2,1.....






And of course, I couldn't miss out on some ootd shots :D






Rawr.

Oh the wonders of using an actual camera and not my phone.


        And I was also blessed with a high-def collab with my hipsta sista @fayeflancia. And as you can see, we swapped shoes. If I had the chance, I would have taken her Docs home with me, but alas, it was not mean to to be :D #thatrhymes





   My outfit for this shoot was the simple floral and denim look. Plains + prints won't let you down once you know which pieces go together. Paired with some simple accessories, it's a hassle free and comfy ensemble.



           I am in love with these leggings too because they are thick enough to not show panty lines and they are very unique when it comes to their color. I wish that I could tell you guys where I got them but all I know is that my mom got them for me a few years back and that's all I know. They are a mystery. *creepy noises*


♡ Outfit Description 
Chambray shirt - Oxygen
Floral Leggings - I don't even know
Rings - Forever 21
Doc Martens - c/o @fayeflancia

And credits also to Renz Madriaga, our awesome photographer :)



         You know, all I was planning to do on this day was to get a haircut, get some milk tea, live my "alone at a starbucks aka Bon" fantasy for a bit, then go straight home. I didn't expect that I would be surrounded by amazing friends just when I needed it the most. Someone up there is looking after me.

#oily

ser·en·dip·i·ty

 noun \ˌser-ən-ˈdi-pə-tē\
: the instance of receiving good things that come unexpected


Lia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews