Sunday, November 10, 2013

No Neon





Hello :)

          Can we take a moment to appreciate how emo my face is here? Sorry about the dark pictures. I took this when the sky was gloomy so, my bad. 






      Anyway, just as the ancient Chinese said, everything must have balance. And yes, that also includes one's seemingly irrelevant and disconnected choice of outfit. Balance is the key. I let the neon oxfords and neon blouse standout by pairing it with plain black high waisted shorts and a bowler hat to give the outfit a little boost. 

                        


 



       To avoid looking like an overzealous circus-elephant, one should stick to only one or two megawatt pieces and keep the rest of the outfit plain. In a concert, there's only one main act right? Same goes with wardrobe. Or if you're feeling a bit Lady Gaga-ish/Vice Ganda-ish, then, why the hell not? But for day to day wear, there is no particular need to blind someone looking like a rampaging rainbow.






       Neon colors can be flattering, fun and unique once you know what to pair it with. There was a time I refused neon because I didn't know how to style it properly. The song Laserlight should NOT be taken literally. It would always turn out to be too much or just blah, but once I got the plain + party technique, it was pretty simple to build up from that.


             






                        Meanwhile, in this life, I've been feeling really bipolar lately. THE WORLD HAS BEEN REALLY BIPOLAR LATELY. Like everything is playing a joke. One moment it's happy and then another it's sad. I know that life is supposed to be like that but c'mon, it doesn't happen that fast. Seriously, Yolanda be tearing up the trees one moment and then the next, it's like summer woke up and perused the Philippines just because it wants too. And oddly enough, this outfit tells that story.




"Written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain            I leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days                       She told me in the morning                                 she don't feel the same about us in her bones

Yes, these are One Direction lyrics.
Yes, I am a dedicated directioner.
Yes, I feel that they are kind of related to the topic of the outfit.
And yes, I just needed to include them in a post because the song is beautiful.

Holla Harry.





                                                 It seems to me that when I die                                      these words will be written on my stone
                          And I'll be gone, gone tonight                The ground beneath my feet is open wide           The way that I've been holding on too tightWith nothing in between"

                                                     - Story of My Life, One Direction


Excuse this pose. Excuse it.



Life can't always be neon. 



#ohtheirony :D






                   Furthermore, before I start getting all emo on you :D , this outfit makes you stand out without hurting someone's vision because unfortunately, I can not pull of head to toe uber bright like Vice. Like no.







Here's a close up with these awesome shoes! I am hardcore Camille Co fangirl so owning the same shoes as her has partially completed my puny existence.


neon neon neon neon neon
         Bought these at a discounted price as the Superb bazaar at the SMX Convention Center last month but S&H has outlets at SM Department Stores everywhere. (Even here in Lucena City! #aaweeeessssommmeee)



        These shoes can be dressed up and dressed down. They can go with a simple black dress or even add some pop to a white shirt and your trustiest pair of denim shorts.



  Outfit Description 
 Bowler hat - SM Dept. Store
 Blouse - Mags
 Shorts - I seriously don't know
 Neon oxfords - S&H Fashion





        Keep balance in everything. Everything doesn't go as planned. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Simple is best sometimes. Standout in your own way. You can't always get what you want. Time is gold. Love is blind. Love  is like a rosary, full of mysteries. Oh, and these shoes are just neon deliciousness.That's it basically :D




Who thought clothes could be this philosophical? :D


Lia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews