Sunday, September 1, 2013

Graveyard (poem post)



"Tall walls surround,
cradle a mother's joy
time passes, my prison

Change of clothes,
too big for those before
too naive for those ahead

Blinded by simple joys,
ignorant to pain
a wonderful life passed


Bones lengthen,
eyes widen
truth enlightened

A horrid mistake,
the mirror reflects,
myself in dim light

 Wrecks minds,
deaf marches
as I blindly stomp

Love learned,
love earned,
love lost

Lies heal,
truth cannot,
irony in my light

Eyes burn, breath stuck
a suffocated angel
a rainbow muted

A fire smothered
dashed by rain
a dying soul

Temptation to dazzle,
a coward stands out
a worthless idiot

My hidden face,
a loud voice,
silently screaming

Mother's foe
father's ever pain
I am lost

As I lay in my cage,
freedom forbidden,
I'll be walking in a graveyard


- Graveyard, Lia Paderon


I'm not sad (or suicidal) or anything. Sometimes I just wished that change wasn't the only permanent thing in the world, you know? I get depressed sometimes, feeling worthless. It's not that I'm not thankful for everything, I just wonder if I'm deserving.





Lia 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews