Friday, October 11, 2013

mask the dark


I'll start off by saying that the title of this post is waaay too emo. #lol :D

Hey guys! Sorry that I haven't been posting for while. School has been a real mofo and I was a facilitator in a YFC camp at my school which was one of the most awesome experiences of my life evahhhh! (Check out my post about the camp later) So anyway, here is the outfit I shot last week. Sticking with my ever sweater weather fanatic title, I was inspired by those tumblr pics with girls wearing these thigh high socks. Desperate for this uber long legwear, I scoured online shops on instagram, meticulously searching when I finally came upon these high socks-style tights! These are awesome because they work with dresses that are too short, or in this case, a sweater that is a cross between a dress and a shirt that I really didn't know what to do with. And the best part, they don't fall down like normal socks do!




Honestly, this look is not very practical, nor is it breathable. Gosh it was warm. Good thing it was a cool day when I shot this. So when I actually wear these stockings, a more practical pairing would be under shorts or under a dress. However, this look was very cozy and comfy (for places where winter or fall is an active season because here in the Philippines you would be sweating bullets and singing Nelly from 9 to 5 :D)

A girl can dream right? And a little bit of shoulder exposure never hurt anyone ;)





I wore this outfit because I wanted to be cozy. Stuff hasn't been looking really good lately. Just when you thought everything was going fine, all of it suddenly gets taken from under you. I'm the type of person that hates being all alone but can't do anything about it because I am was an only child. I'm always alone in my bedroom and sometimes I feel like I'm alone in life. I could totally relate with Katniss when she was locked up in solitary confinement in Mockingjay. Losing my mind, daydreaming, having no one to talk to except the tv and just singing. It feels like that a lot. Sometimes, I just tell myself...

"I have to survive the night." 


Nights alone can be fun but nights alone for most of your young life... well, I can tell you it's not that great. I have to paint a happy face on for the next day because I'm so lonely at night. That is why I hate going home. Even though my mom gets all sorts of mad at me, I can't bear to go home early to a lonely, morbid bedroom with my phone as my friend instead of being outside, having fun with my friends.

"I dread the night, I fear the night."


"I guess that's why I go so attached to people, constantly fearing that one way or another, I'm going to lose them."


Outfit Description:
Sweater - Penshoppe
Stockings - @dollyhouseph
Creepers - @androgynemanila

DM's soon hopefullllyyyyyy.

Here is an alternative version of the look with a different dress:

"I love books and I love music and I love movies and I love poems and I love shows. Basically anything that helps you escape reality for a while."




I thrifted this sweater/dress and got it for only 100 bucks! It has cats on it!:D
 #dieeeee


Life,
              Masks,
                            make - ups
                                               shake - ups...



Masquerade.

Lia 

2 comments:

Pageviews